Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] You Can Model This Scene With Just Three Flat Cars And A Lot Of People!

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Mark;

You bring up an issue I have not been able to find info on.  There are cases I have seen in which 3 flat cars were being used to transport a long load, with the outer cars bearing the load, and an idler between, but with what looks like an un-fixed support on the idler that looks like it might have acted as a slider in case )or in expectation that) the load sagged.

Folks;  What was the protocol with this?  Are there AAR guidelines for this?

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Elden Gatwood