From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 6:19 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] My superglue spouts stick to the caps

Hi Jim,

Jim wrote: “Has this happened to any one else?”

Hey Jim, welcome to the club!

Jim further wrote: “Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?”

I’m sure you will get a variety of answers to this question. My answer is, YES. The thing to do is to buy the small tubes instead of bottles. When you buy superglue in bottles several bad things happen – the tube gets stuck and becomes useless (as you experienced), the glue begins to thicken  with age, and after along enough time the glue ultimately solidifies inside the bottle.

The small tubes are VERY small, holding only a fractional ounce each. You open one, use it for a while, then throw it away when it is empty or when it is less than pristine. They are cheap, REAL CHEAP, sometime three tubes for a buck, so it’s not like you cannot afford to toss one that is less than wonderful. Since you throw them away often, they are never around long enough for the glue to thicken or solidify.

Claus Schlund