Re: Model Railroad 10 Year Archive 201-2019

Nelson Moyer

I scan the few articles of interest from MR and RMC so I can search them on the hard drive using keywords. The problem with that is that as interests and needs change, I have to go back through the magazines to find the newly relevant material. I was hoping the ten year archive would facilitate that search. Content for my areas of interest has really slipped in both magazines – MR is to basic and RMC is moving past my cutoff era for most content. The latest MR is pretty thin. I’m debating with myself about letting my subscription expire.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 6:57 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Model Railroad 10 Year Archive 201-2019

My Desktop Google Search can read my PDF files - but it can't get past DRM from Kalmbach.

I scan great reference articles (like Tony Thompson's RMC SP article from 2-1993) and turn into PDF.
A cheap all-in-one Canon (bought at Walmart for $39) does the scan, and came with the PDF software.

Tim O'Connor

On 5/7/2020 7:50 AM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

The DVD files open in Adobe Reader. That’s not the problem. There is no link between issues for global search, and there is no cumulative index for manual search. In fact, there is no search engine except the Adobe Reader search engine for searches within the open file, i.e. one issue at a time.

Nelson Moyer