Re: Photo: Hopper Car At Fish Company

Dennis Storzek

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 12:37 PM, Andy Laurent wrote:
I see "PACIFIC" and a 50000-series number on the right-center of the car's frame.  Union, Southern, Missouri...?  Interesting car, I wonder if it was classified as a gondola, hopper, or tank car.
Looks like a drop bottom gondola of coal to me, although the unloading crew at the right end are not availing themselves of the drop door feature. Canneries use a lot of steam, and those two large stacks behind the car should provide a clue as to where it comes from. More interesting to me is the express car spotted to the far right; at least some of the product went out as fresh fish.

Dennis Storzek