Re: Oyster Cars

erieblt2

The LIRR had regular ‘fisher-man’ trains East that included modified combines/baggage cars with internal tanks, and coolers for the catches. No visual outside differences-except some small signs to inform the fishermen. The tiny town of Blue Point had oysters that were considered one of the best. The LIRR ran regular reefers daily from the Blue Point (&East) to the city in the 1890’s. I hope they were dedicated cars. Oyster smell and produce don’t mix well! I know of no reefer photos of the cars used. William Smith

On May 9, 2020, at 10:42 AM, Jon Miller <atsfus@...> wrote:

On 5/9/2020 10:34 AM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io wrote:
And here are some models as seen on WorthPoint:

    The middle one is Red Ball and I would guess there might be a lot of these kits around, someplace!:-D

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941