Re: RI 1944 AAR Boxcar -- C&BT Upgrade #2

Rob & Bev Manley

Bob,
The Rock is my 2nd fave road. Your car looks faantastik. The weathering is spot on for an earlier age and the decals look really good from here too. You are making me sorry I gave away my CBT car kits.

Sincerely,
Rob Manley
"Better modeling through personal embarrassment"

On Saturday, May 9, 2020, 03:03:51 PM CDT, Bill Keene via groups.io <bill41@...> wrote:

Lookin’ good Bob,

Yup! the Rock Island does rock!!

I just might have one of these CB&T kits way way back in the cabinet. You have prompted the need to get an archeological dig underway. :-)

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On May 9, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Bob Chapman <chapbob611@...> wrote:

Here's the second of the six C&BT 1944 AAR boxcars rescued from the bottom of the unbuilt kit stash, upgraded with contemporary parts.

This one is C&BT's 12-panel carbody variation. Key detail parts include Yarmouth US Gypsum running board, Kadee ladders/grabs/brakewheel, Tahoe Barber S-2's, and Mask Island decals. Always liked Rock Island -- it definitely rocks.

Regards,
Bob Chapman
<RI 25466 Unptd.JPG><RI 25466 Wea.JPG>