Re: Photo: Stenciling Freshly Painted NKP Box Car 27676

Charles Peck

The coupler is there, but the knuckle is laying on the ground below it.
This rig seems to be using the knuckle pin as a fixed pivot point.  With
that hefty jack for power, I can see making metal move.
Chuck Peck

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 11:32 PM Lee via groups.io <leetrains=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
the straight arms have a chain and what looks like a hoist, so with that and the missing coupler I would say that's how they are changing out the coupler without having to lift by hand.

Lee Stoermer
Aldie, VA

On Sunday, May 10, 2020, 07:24:00 PM EDT, Richard Brennan <rbrennan@...> wrote:

At 03:59 PM 5/10/2020, Bob Chaparro via groups.io wrote:
><snip>
>http://cdm16066.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p16066coll27/id/8731/rec/47

Is that a shop-built tool for taking the 'bulge' from freight damage
out of the stamped steel ends?
I didn't even think that was possible!

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA