Re: -- C&BT Upgrade

Tom Madden

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 01:51 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Tom, one thing I notice - you have used Detail Associates 22" bracket grab irons! Instead of the correct 18" style.
How do I know this? Because when the IMWX box cars were released, the bracket grabs were HORRIBLE and
so I used DA 22" grabs instead! :-D

(Those DA grabs were made for their GS gondola kits and I think they were correct for the gondolas.)
That's one of the things I would do differently, and I'd also attach the left ends of the grabs to the car ends and not to the car sides. But those DA grabs were the best available at the time and I know a lot more now than I did then. I did scratchbuild the ladders with 0.010" styrene rungs.

Tom Madden