Re: Latest run of Intermountain (Wegmann) HO PFE Rebuilt Reefers

Tim O'Connor

Yikes!! It looks like they specified WIRE for the rods (a good thing) but didn't bother to tell people
how to arrange the bits. Or maybe the factory just decided to save assembly time...

Another reason not to buy RTR, if the kits are available.

On 5/11/2020 2:56 PM, Andy Cich wrote:

I recently received a few of the latest cars from Intermountain. All of mine are assembled as shown in the photo. Did anybody receive cars that are correctly assembled? I wonder if the whole run was done this way. Or just one person on the assembly line had a problem.

I haven’t tried to fix it yet. I’m not sure how easy it will be to pry the valve off. Also, the brake cylinder is too far away from the center sill and doesn’t connect to the lever. And the rod that connects between the levers should be inside the center sill. It is in the spot where the cylinder should go.

Andy Cich

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts