Re: ID Help With Container Car

Tim O'Connor

CALCIUM CARBIDE containers. Not waste, but evidently nasty stuff.

On 5/12/2020 7:08 AM, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford wrote:
Friends,

The attached photo of a container car is well beyond our era of interest. I was hoping to learn more about the car itself to see if it would barely scrape into our last year or so.

The car in question is CCKX 281. The only reference I can find to this reporting mark is California
Contemporary, Inc., which doesn't seem right. I shot this in the SP/UP Roseville yard near the RIP track around 1987. I suspect the car is loaded with toxic waste of some sort.

Any help with the car's origin and who it belonged to would be appreciated.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

Attachments:

_