Re: Milk cars

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

That is correct Don. You are refering specifically to GPEX #803 and #804 both of which
were rebuilds of earlier wood sheathed milk tank cars. General American used a cover
for the two 3,000 gal. tanks each on these two cars that was similar to, but different, from
that used by the cars that Borden owned outright. The two GPEX cars were leased to
H.P. Hood & Sons thus being seen in service only in New England or as far out of it as
the large Hood plant in Eagle Bridge, NY. If someone needs a photo to show the
difference between the two Hood cars and the Borden cars I could post photos of the two
Hood cars with some guidance as I've had no luck in doing so since the change was made
to groups.io. I have both builder's photos and in service photos of the two Hood cars and
expect everyone knows what the Borden cars looked like.

Cordially, Don Valentine