Re: ID Help With Container Car

Tim O'Connor

I remember those toy cannons! I think vinegar or some other liquid was added to set off the reaction.

On 5/12/2020 10:24 AM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io wrote:

I have a small (16”long) model cannon that my dad used to fire every once in a while, which used Calcium Carbide as the explosive force.  I don’t know how to use it (which may be just as well , . . 😊 ) but I do remember that it made one hell of a loud bang when it fired.  I don’t remember what the shot was, but I do remember it went a good long way.  I’ve often thought I should let it go but then I worry that somebody would fool around with it and get hurt.

I think that CC can also be used in headlamps used in mines, but not sure about that.

Schuyler

Sterling, Massachusetts