Stan offered many castings that were NOT complete kits - they were just kitbashing parts.
One of the items he offered was the "IC reefer door" intended to be used with the Intermountain
R-40-23/25 body.

On 5/13/2020 6:24 PM, Bruce Smith wrote:
Gang,

I'm puzzled. The car Jim posted has a door and a half PLUG door. The IM car has regular reefer doors. Indeed, IM did an NRC/IC paint job on this car (40518-11), which is the IM R-40-23. Stan did kits for the IC 50000-50299 and 50300-50499 reefers based on the IM R-40-23 with new resin sides, but I don't thing that these are the car in Jim's post, which is in the NRC 20000 series... or am I missing something?

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Jeffrey White <jrwhite@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 3:49 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] IC-NRC reefer

Intermountain 40518-03 is close.  The car has black ends and a silver roof.

Jeff White

Alma, IL

On 5/13/2020 3:11 PM, Jim King wrote:

Has this car been produced in HO?  Diamond emblem is green, roof and ends are reddish-brown, body is dull yellow.  I found a pic of a similar car on the Abingdon Branch hauling “seeding potatoes” in LCL, no refrigeration, just being used for insulation.

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/

Sterling, Massachusetts