Re: Kadee code 88 wheels.

Todd Sullivan

Yup, still coated black.  I decided to try some of Kadee's code 88 wheel sets, but I don't have an operating layout at the moment, so I can't comment on whether or not the wheels still deposit 'stuff' on the rails that interfere with electrical pickup.  BTW, I use a Dremel tool with a wire brush to shiny up the wheel treads.  They look better and may not deposit as much on the rails.  I've been doing that for 20+ years, although I switched to shiny metal wheels on all cars about 15 years ago, so this is an experiment.

Todd Sullivan