Re: Rutland House Car Color

Rich C

Bill, From what I have read on some of the Rutland sites, including RPI (NEB&W), they were painted Rutland Cherry Red, which is 50% Box Car Red and 50% Caboose Red

Rich Christie

On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 08:12:42 PM CDT, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:

Bill,

Will this attached photo help? Car was grounded by the Chester depot for many years. I shot this circa 2000.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff 🦆

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:11 PM Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:
I am preparing to paint my F&C Rutland Stock Car and I am hoping someone here familiar with that RR's practice can comment on what color was used on their Boxcars and Stock Cars? I am not interested in an exact match but rather what neighborhood:

—Oxide Red?

—Red-Brown?

—more Brown than Red?

Thank you,