Re: National C-1trucks

Dave Pfeiffer

Atlas has a National 70T C-1 plain bearing truck tooled for their 70T C&O open hopper.  They have been available separately.

Dave Pfeiffer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed Hawkins
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 1:01 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] National C-1trucks

On May 14, 2020, at 11:05 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

According to the HO truck guide put together by Richard Hendrickson, Intermountain has a 70 ton National C-1 truck. They don’t list this as a separate model on their website but I think it is what the provide with the ACF 1958 CF covered hoppers.

Brian,

The trucks tooled by InterMountain for the ACF 70-ton covered hoppers are not National C-1. They are a relatively uncommon 70-ton AAR spring-plank design that I’ve only seen on L&N and NC&StL cars of this type built by ACF in 1943. Photos of these cars were published in RP CYC Volume 27.

Regards,

Ed Hawkins