Wabash Home Built War Emergency Boxcar in Primer

Bill Welch

The Boys at the Clearwater Car Shops broke out their Stynylrez Neutral Yellow primer yesterday and here are the results. Many harvested rivets and even more Archer Rivet decals. Ladder have .010 rungs. The Wabash liked long sill tabs on their steel cars and used them on these too. The gussets were added July 27, 1948 according to company notes. I tried stressing the diagonal braces in some places and if you look closely one rivet has popped out. The Placard Boards are scratch built while the lower door stop is from Ryan Mendell's latest detail parts offering. Base kit is InterMountain War Emergency undec kit. Roof is not glued on as I have not inserted the weight. The car will be Modelflex Oxide Red with Mark Vaughn's decals.

Apologies, I cannot remember the name of Ryan's company

Bill Welch