Re: The Brinkley Shuttle

hubert mask

I grew up in De Valls Bluff.    I lived in the house they built for the toll operators to live in.  The toll house later became our dog house which was moved off to the side near the house.   Lots of history about the town and the Rock Island.   I would later work for the Rock Island in 1970 after my tour in the Air Force.  Small would that you would find these articles.

Hubert Mask

On May 16, 2020, at 10:17 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

The Brinkley Shuttle

A story from the Arkansas Railroad History website about an automobile shuttle train that operated in the late 1920s and early 1930s.

Full story:

http://www.arkansasrailroadhistory.com/shuttle/shuttle.html

Photos:

http://www.arkansasrailroadhistory.com/shuttle/Shuttle-train.jpg