Re: C&O MW Photos

Bob,

I've considered that. My C&O/CSX negatives number over 500, plus around 200 for the Buckingham Branch Railroad (which I'm sure they would want), and more for lines associated with the C&O: Nelson & Albemarle, Shenandoah Valley, Rock Ten Paper, Shepherd Grain . . . Ouch! Someday they're going to get a CD, which should have the ID info attached to each image. First I owe their President an article on the Nelson & Albemarle which I wrote before I had health issues, but have never gotten back to finishing the photos.

My push right now is to get all my negatives scanned up and Photoshopped. I've nearly finished most of my binders including all the Virginia stuff since I moved to Charlottesville. The two big ones binders from California going back to the 1960s are maybe half done, but that still leaves maybe 2,000 images to work up.

Before I die, I hope to send all my stuff to various museums, since my sweetheart says when I go, it all goes too . . . right into the trash.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 1:54 PM Bob Chapman <chapbob611@...> wrote:
Garth --

Nice photos! If you haven't already, you should send these to the C&OHS for their archives, along with caption info for each (date, location, photographer, car number, car provenance, etc.) summarized from your comments. I'm sure they would be interested.

Regards,
Bob Chapman