EARLY PLASTIC KITS

Andy Carlson

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 2:09:42 PM PDT, WILLIAM PARDIE <pardiew001@...> wrote:

...........  This is a McKean PS-1 kit.  My friend Andy Carlson deemed this kit as the worst. .........

I don't remember telling Bill this; I remember telling him their Pullman door was the worst.

I have high regards for the McKean 40' double door box car. It was among the first kits with separate details and I feel the 6' post-war Youngstown doors remain among the better ones in HO today. It is a bit of work, but a straight side sill replacement and replacing the diagonal panel roof with an overhanging eaves roof and one has a nice model of a Great Northern 3500-3999 series of cars. The middle door post (between the L & R door) is an exact match for the GN. Today, a better pair of ends are the Branchline Blueprint Series of banana taper ends.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA