Re: TNM hopper car suitable model

Sam Reynolds

Nate,

Attached is a photo I quickly took of an Atlas 70-ton 9 panel 3-bay hopper that I stripped for another project. I took some measurements of the car so you can compare them to the diagram sheet. The measurements are as follows: 43'6" over end top chord; 41'3" inside length; 43'3" over strikers; 42'9" over end sills; 34' truck centers; 10'6" over side top chord. You will see from the attached photo that all of the side ribs are riveted unlike those shown in your prototype photo. I don't have one of the MDC/Roundhouse cars, but if I remember correctly they were shorter than the Atlas hopper and had riveted side ribs like the Atlas car. If interested, I have 10 of these hoppers that I'm selling since I no longer need them for kitbashing into L&N Pullman Standard PS-3 coal hoppers.

Sam Reynolds