SOLD: HO Western Pacific 42' 1916 blt BoxCar

Andy Carlson

Hi everyone-
This single set of castings for the WP box car has been spoken for. Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Saturday, May 23, 2020, 6:42:49 PM PDT, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

Hello-

I have made a few castings for a WP 42' single sheathed box car, the real one was built in 1916. Many of these cars reached a few years after the War, but most were rebuilt from the years of 1937 and on for cabooses and stock cars, so not many received AB brakes, with the exception of the gypsum top hatch loading cars which served from Gerlick to the Bay Area.

I have set of castings which will do a single box car. No decals, trucks, couplers brake sets, just the hard parts for this venerable WP box car.

These parts have some small flaws which make them unsuitable for a sell at full price. I think that a modeler with some experience fixing some small voids with putty should be able to make a first class looking box car. I don't recommend anyone who has no experience with resin kit building for this car has no instructions.