Re: MWR 1201-1275 series Mather Patent Boxcar help

Todd Sullivan

Hi John,

As you may be aware, Life Like Proto 2000 did a short height Mather boxcar in plastic with separate grabs, etc. some years back.  The schemes included MWR, MRS, PHD, TC, IN, ACY and FDDMS.  They show up on eBay from time to time, and are much easier to build than the early Sunshine kit, in my experience.  I tried to build one of the early Sunshine kits.  The channels on the sides have to be built up using 1x3 strip styrene or similar.  Since the sides in my kit were warped vertically (centers bowed inward), I never could get the styrene strips to lay down in the grooves the they were supposed to, so I gave up and sold the kit.  I have several of the L-L P2K models, and I find them to be satisfactory.

Todd Sullivan