Re: ACL O-17 Ventilation Box Car - "Watermelon Car"

Bruce A. Metcalf

wrlyders via groups.io wrote:

I am trying to scratch build the ACL Watermelon Car starting with an
Ambroid Kit from the 50s [One of my Cars for my NMRA AP Cars certificate].
I need pictures or drawings or parts lists showing these items in order to scratchbuild or purchase these parts.
Does anybody have any links or information that I can use?
There's an article with prototype photos and a scale drawing in Railroad
Model Craftsman, July 1955, p.48.

Not in my collection, but perhaps someone here can help. Failing that, the NMRA Collection at the California State Railroad Museum Library has copies.

Cheers,
/ Bruce /