"Z"-CAR FRAMING QUESTION

Bill Keene

Now that I am getting caught up on my list o'stuff to do around the house--we will not discuss what is on the wife's list--I am beginning to layout the sides of an MKT single sheathed caboose. You know ... that little "house" that tagged along behind a train of steam era box cars. The sides are framed with C-channels and Z-shapes.

My question to the master builders on this list is what do you use for Z-shapes? Also if not an available product what method do you use to fabricate the Z-shapes? The prototype framing is nominally 3x3-inches.

Thanks, Cheers, & Happy Modeling.
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA