Where did the photos go??

Tom Madden

For the third time in the last few weeks all the photos have been purged from the Emailed Photos folder, apparently because we exceeded the 1 GB storage limit. All images attached to posts since we moved to groups.io are gone - only those directly uploaded to the Photos section remain. I'm not on this group's management team but I did email Jeff and Mike late last week and offered to pay the initial fee for upgrading the group to 20 GB storage but have not heard back. Holiday weekend and all that, I suppose. I did that for the Passenger Car List, which I own, but all of our related groups (RealSTMFC, PCL, ResinFreightCarBuilders, PlasticFreightCarBuilders) need to institute some systematic method for funding these annual charges. It's $220 per year, which for this group is a trivial 11 cents per year per subscriber, but I'm sure there are more than 40 of our 2000 who would chip in $5 each year to fund things.

I apologize to the group, and to Mike and Jeff, for jumping in to their administrative area, but photos are such important resources and assets for groups like ours that it's a real shame to see them lost.

Tom Madden