From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of BRIAN PAUL EHNI
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 4:54 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] ACC problems

Does the ACC still work on other stuff? Does a new bottle work?

Thanks!

Brian Ehni

(Sent from my iPhone)

On May 27, 2020, at 3:48 PM, Donald B. Valentine via groups.io <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

   I have been assembling resin car kits for some 35 years now beginning with Dennis Storzek's Rutland

box cars back when the material was a lot tougher than resin and Al Westerfield's kits when he was using

really brittle resin, always using ACC but never having experienced the problem I've had for the last week.

I've been trying to assemble one of Steve Funaro's kits that seems no different than the many of his I've

also assembled before BUT the damned ACC is not cementing parts together. I beleive the bottle is now

three years old and is kept in the refrigerator when not being used regularly. It doesn't seem to matter

whether I try to use it right out of the refrigerator or after it has sat out at room temperature for a day it

simply does not work. Does ths stuff have a shelf life that I've never been aware of or has anyone else

experienced the same problem? Guess I'll go back to styrene for awhile rather than waste more time

only to get more frustrated.

Don Valentine