Re: Evangeline Railway

Paul Doggett

Jim

Thank you I will pass this onto my friend.

Paul Doggett.

On 29 May 2020, at 13:44, Jim Ogden <sjogden@att.net> wrote:

I think Gifford Hill operated a gravel pit in Evangeline parish (that’s a county elsewhere) and this is fairly close to where a north-south Rock Island joined the East-west Gulf Coast Lines (Frisco in B.F. Yoakum days but later Mopac and UP). This has a lot of modeling possibilities.

This gravel operation would make a great connection for a model railroad circa 1950 with a healthy appetite for the F&C T&NO gons, along with MoPac/TP or Rock Island. I think the F&C MoPac panel side gons now have an interior. Sunshine Models did the TP 40’ gons but today the best bet is to modify Accurail’s kit.

Jim Ogden
(Who escaped Louisiana)