Re: Evangeline Railway

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Paul,

I haven't turned up anything else on the Evangeline Railway, but I did find these four photos of the Evangeline Gravel Co., which may or may not have been served by said line: https://louisianadigitallibrary.org/islandora/search/mods_subject_topic_ms%3A%22Evangeline%5C%20Gravel%5C%20Company%22 . Just to keep the sheriff at bay, one of the photos shows a FREIGHT CAR.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 8:52 AM Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jim

Thank you I will pass this onto my friend.

Paul Doggett.
> On 29 May 2020, at 13:44, Jim Ogden <sjogden@...> wrote:
>
> I think Gifford Hill operated a gravel pit in Evangeline parish (that’s a county elsewhere) and this is fairly close to where a north-south Rock Island joined the East-west Gulf Coast Lines (Frisco in B.F. Yoakum days but later Mopac and UP). This has a lot of modeling possibilities.
>
> This gravel operation would make a great connection for a model railroad circa 1950 with a healthy appetite for the F&C T&NO gons, along with MoPac/TP or Rock Island.  I think the F&C MoPac panel side gons now have an interior.  Sunshine Models did the TP 40’ gons but today the best bet is to modify Accurail’s kit.
>
> Jim Ogden
> (Who escaped Louisiana)
>
>
>

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.