Re: Evangeline Railway

Paul Doggett

Hi Don

I think you are thinking of Louisiana sand and gravel (I think it was called) own by Polson Spence he had 3 NKP Hudson’s among other engines unfortunately he dropped dead on Penn station and most of the collection went for scrap but a SP 4-4-0 and a couple of other small engines were saved.

Regards Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 30 May 2020, at 13:29, Donald B. Valentine via groups.io <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

    Gravel pit operation you write in reference to the Evangeline Rwy. in Louisiana. That strikes a
familoar chord and make me wonder if this operation might have had more than one name over
the years if it is the operation I am thinking of in whch the owner bought a number of used steam
locomotives to use largely because he likes steam! Wonder if we are thinking of the same operation.
Perhaps sme of our y'all members might know and respond.

Cordialy, Don Valentine