Re: IM Parts Sprues [was New IM Cars Arrive]

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Bill,

I was aware IM had recently stopped selling their bagged parts. What I was talking about were unpackaged sprues. These had to be ordered by telephone (or maybe email), and AFAIK were never offered from a catalog or web site. You simply told one of the nice ladies on their order desk that you wanted a dozen ladder, car end, roof or running board sprues from Kit X, and they took care of it for you. It's probably been 10 or more years since I ordered, and I still have pretty good stock of what I need, except I'm running low on PS-1 ends and had a couple more conversions of old Front Range cars I wanted to do. (That's how I did my CNW and IC riveted PS-1s.). Those are the breaks I guess.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 9:03 AM Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:
In one of their monthly email announcements IM said they would no longer be selling parts.

Bill Welch