Re: Tangent GATC 8,000 Gallon 1917-Design Radial Course Tank Car

vapeurchapelon

>> I would love to know it anyone has ever done this surgery and would love even more to see their results. <<

Hello Bill,

I did this 20 years ago, see attached pic. I found out that the side pieces are a little too short - see the small gap between the side and the end piece. At the other side I laid them "edge to edge".
I added brake rods and some piping - and laid the car away into its box. Long ago.

Greetings

Johannes

Gesendet: Sonntag, 31. Mai 2020 um 19:59 Uhr
Von: "Bill Welch" <fgexbill@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] Tangent GATC 8,000 Gallon 1917-Design Radial Course Tank Car
I have to admit whenever I see a comment like ". . . it's pretty much an exact match to the Red Caboose model if you replace the running boards with open-grid steel. Plano makes an etched metal set for the model." tossed out I laugh to myself and also wench. I have two RC kids and two of the Plano etched running boards. They are on a shelf at eye level I walk by too many time a day to count and occasionally I will pause, open one of the RC boxes and look at the frame with the molded on running board for a few moments, say to myself "Not today" and put it back on the shelf. I just did it again just now. This is not minot model surgery in my opinion. I would love to know it anyone has ever done this surgery and would love even more to see their results.

Bill Welch