Re: Cable Reel Loads

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

Hi Bruce,

    I'm a little late getting into this but Hendrix wire in Milford, NH was using wood reels right through
the 1970's. One could often see truck loads of wood reels made by Carris Reel of Rutland, VT by
the tractor-trailer load in many places not too distant from Rutland. If there is anyone on this list in
the Portsmouth, NH area perhaps they can tell us what Simplex Wire & Cable in nearby Newington
is using for reels. In the mid-1960's I worked there during my years at UNH and there were both
wood and steel reels around at that time IIRC.

My best, Don Valentine