Re: SP drop_bottom_gon and an SP flat

Daniel A. Mitchell

Hard to tell from just this photo, but some of later sailing ships had some minimal auxiliary power. Also such ships and barges (unpowered), especially steel-hulled ones, often had a steam boiler for running deck (cargo) winches and such.

Dan MItchell

On Jun 4, 2020, at 1:05 AM, Jon Miller <atsfus@...> wrote:

On 6/3/2020 9:13 PM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:
I was going to say schooner but wasn’t positive. Should have gone with my (ample) gut feeling!

    Just wondering, is that stack (between 1st and 2nd mast) on the schooner or somewhere else?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941