Re: Pennsy red with Floquil

thompson@...

Ian Wilson asked:
I'm ready to paint a couple of Westerfield GLA hopper cars representing
circa 1954 paint jobs. I'm aware of the suggested color matching formulas
for Scalecoat paint, but I've got a good stock of Floquil colors on hand.
Can anyone tell me how to best approximate PRR freight car red for the era
using Floquil colors?
Oooooh, Ian, you know how to start a controversy! I've always used one of
the oxide colors (like Floquil Primer) to get that orange tone so evident
in the Grif Teller calendar views.