Re: Paint Booth

Steve SANDIFER

Home depot has some bathroom exhaust fans that really move air and come with the can on the back and round exhaust hose.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of BRIAN PAUL EHNI
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 2:53 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Paint Booth

This is the fan I’m using (as recommended by the MR article). https://www.grainger.com/product/DAYTON-OEM-Blower-4C445. Max 495cfm. The MR article cites 525cfm. They got 150fpm airflow thru their 5” duct; I used 6” to more closely match the area of the fan outlet.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...>
Reply-To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 1:08 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

I’m using flexible duct from the paint booth to a bathroom fan duct (bathroom fan supplements the squirrel cage fan on the paint booth). The flexible run is about 6 ft. and the sheet metal duct is about 6 ft. to the outside wall. I see freight car red powder residue on the outside vent screen. Maybe you not moving enough CFU?

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of BRIAN PAUL EHNI
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 12:57 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io

After years of using mine, I see little evidence of paint on my outside exhaust. There may be some in the flexible duct, though.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io" <schuyler.larrabee@...>
Reply-To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 12:40 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

It appears to, yes.  The plastic vent in the window pane shows no box car red or other colors.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Charlie Vlk
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 1:36 PM
To: main@...

A quick question…does the furnace filter retain paint particulates well enough so the exhaust, while still having an odor, will not color anything it blows on?

Charlie Vlk

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.