Re: Sheathing on resin kits - was Photo: N&W Boxcars

Eric Hansmann

On June 4, 2020 at 4:33 PM np328 Jim Dick wrote:

     May we take the next step and have resin car suppliers please bring us single sheathed and double sheathed cars like this that do not look like they are running off their last years.

Jim,

After reading your message I checked the model releases from several resin manufacturers; F&C, Resin Car Works, Speedwitch Media, Yarmouth Model Works, and even the new Southbound Modelworks & Decal company. I reviewed all their recent wood-sheathed house car kits and found the castings to represent pretty tight boards. I don't see overly exaggerated wood sheathing on kits released in the last decade. I gotta scratch my head here. Only one question comes to my mind.

What are you talking about?

Please point out what I am missing that has bothered you about the wood sheathing on recent HO scale resin freight car kits.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN