Re: Photo: N&W Boxcars At Milling Company

Schuyler Larrabee

Quite correct, thanks Mont.  Good to know that it didn’t suffer a worse fate: Demolition!

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mont Switzer
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 5:39 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: N&W Boxcars At Milling Company

Schuyler,

You are thinking of Quaker Square in Akron, OH.    It was originally turned into a hotel with railroad theme added.  Lots of steam era railroadiana, milling machinery, shipping records and other goodies.  Displays inside and outside.  An interesting place to stay.

I believe records on display at the hotel showed boxcars inbound at late as 1973.  It was B&O served.  Snack bar was in PRR passenger cars.

However, last I knew it fell upon bad times and was taken over by Akron University.  Last I knew they were using it for student housing..

Mont Switzer