Re: Paint Booth

I built one from plywood, metal air duct and a Dayton squirrel cage blower (https://www.grainger.com/product/DAYTON-OEM-Blower-4C444

Details on the build are here on my site: http://sluggyjunx.com/workshop/carpentry/2005_01_23-spray_booth/index.html

I moved in 2010 and have since retrofitted it into a permanent steel duct that exits outside the house. Some photos here: http://gallery.sluggyjunx.com/railroad_and_industrial/georgetownbranch/modelrailroad/2010-11_model_rr/basement_construction?page=19

The build was rather straightforward and I took advantage of scrap material I had laying around. I have since installed a valance to assist in keeping the fumes inside the booth. I would also like to upgrade the lighting, but I'm working on a budget. The blower was rather expensive but I wanted something that could move lots of air. A side benefit of this hardy blower is that when I am doing work elsewhere in the layout room or area, say with solvent-based medium, I can use this fan to exhaust the fumes out without much of an issue. It does a great job.

 - Ben

--
Ben Sullivan
Brookeville, MD