QUESTION ON RUNNIBNG BOARD END SUPPORTS

WILLIAM PARDIE

The end supports for the running board on most boxcars in the 40’s and 50’s consisted of a metal  angle attached to the running board end with two legs projecting down to the car end.  Many earlier boxcars used a 1 X 4” board
with two metal legs running down to the car end.  I have three cars nearing completion on my workbench that use the latter support.  They are a UP B-50-20, an NP stock car and an SP 50’ door and a half auto car.
My question is did the metal supports use one or two bolts in attaching to the 1 X4’s and running board slats? I have viewed numerous photos and cannot come up with an answer.  A small item but need to know for the sake of accuracy.

Thanks for any help:

\
Bill Pardie

_._,_._,_