From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of WILLIAM PARDIE
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 3:20 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] QUESTION ON RUNNIBNG BOARD END SUPPORTS

The end supports for the running board on most boxcars in the 40’s and 50’s consisted of a metal  angle attached to the running board end with two legs projecting down to the car end.  Many earlier boxcars used a 1 X 4” board

with two metal legs running down to the car end.  I have three cars nearing completion on my workbench that use the latter support.  They are a UP B-50-20, an NP stock car and an SP 50’ door and a half auto car.

My question is did the metal supports use one or two bolts in attaching to the 1 X4’s and running board slats? I have viewed numerous photos and cannot come up with an answer.  A small item but need to know for the sake of accuracy.

Thanks for any help:

\

Bill Pardie