Gesendet: Dienstag, 09. Juni 2020 um 01:55 Uhr
Von: "Bruce Smith" <smithbf@...>
An: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] New Haven/ BAR insulated box car paint question
Johannes,

You have to be careful how you interpret statements 😉 "At least as early as July 1956" doesn't meant it can't be earlier. In this case, the BAR cars, which were built ion 1950 and 1953, were delivered in the Red, White and Blue State of Maine scheme. http://users.silcon.com/~lgoss/barpage6.htm  Careful examination of photos of these cars show RW&B cars with NEW stencils confirming that it is the original paint scheme.

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

Von: "Richard Townsend via groups.io" <richtownsend@...>
An: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
According to Ralph Harris's article "NH Boxcar Part II" in the May 1995 MM, some NH cars were repainted to BCR scheme with large block "NH" at least as early as July 1956.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR