Re: Photo: Loading Raw Silk

spsalso

I mentioned a couple of those reasons for speed in my earlier post.

As I envision the hoopla accompanying the silk shipments, I also see another benefit from railroad speed:  self-promotion.

"Sure they're fast.  But we're FASTER!  Just look at the last running time!  We're BETTER than that other line!"

Sometimes it seemed kind of over-the-top.  This could explain why.

Ed

Edward Sutorik

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 08:58 AM, Bob Chaparro wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 08:42 AM, spsalso wrote:
there is no indication that raw silk is perishable.  Thus there is no consequent need for speed.
Yes, there is no need for speed due to silk not being perishable. But the need for speed can be required by other factors, such market conditions, insurance, etc., as pointed out by others.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA