Re: EARLY LV "wrong way" box

Edward

Edited

These LV box cars were often used in the bagged flour trade out of Buffalo.
Eight-hundred 100 lb. bags of flour made a load.
Bagged flour like that was used in neighborhood bake shops like the one I grew up in during the 1940's.
LV had left-hand door box cars built in the 1920's which replaced older truss-rodded cars.
Here is one I built in O scale, using photos and spying on the HO model that Syracuse Hobbies was selling at the time.
The flour load was made with Chiclet gum pieces, filling the door area only to keep the weight reasonable.

Ed Bommer