Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Box Cars in PRR Duquesne yard 1943

Eric Hansmann

Eldon,

I had not seen these images! Thank you for sharing. Are they on the Historic Pittsburgh site?

A Pennsy X26 is featured in one of those images and it looks like it is wearing the original lettering. I have seen very few in-service images of these cars in original lettering.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On June 12, 2020 at 6:05 AM "Gatwood, Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Eric;

Some call it Duquesne Yard, others, Duquesne Way Yard, or others, 11th St Yard (it isn’t).  At times, the PRR did not name it as a specific yard, just tracks serving Duquesne Freight Station.  Like 23rd St Freight Station had tracks, but PRR did not call them 23rd St Yard, so what do you call the yard?

Here are some more of Carson St Freight Station yard tracks.

Had you seen these?

Elden Gatwood