Re: Sheathing on resin kits

Bill J.

Indeed.  Just because something is dead-nuts-on doesn't mean it will look right on our RRs.  We can match paint to a specific car, but as soon as it gets on the layout, the color may look wrong.  Just because board spacing is exactly right, it effect may be lost when viewing it at arm's length.  Even more, it the car is 10 feet away, we don't notice much detail;  when you're deeply engaged in operations, sometimes all you see is the road #.

Not to say we shouldn't go for perfection, but we must balance perfection against effect.

Bill Jolitz