Re: What methods do you use to add weight to an empty flatcar?

Rob & Bev Manley

Charlie,
I built his NP flat from a few years ago. I used sheet lead from my old bathroom stack on the roof. I used a divider to measure the cells on the underside of the car and with T-Square and triangle copied the dimensions to the flattened sheet and scored with a stanley knife. I used Aileens Gold craft glue to secure the weight. Also did this to my CB&Q Mini-kit Flat. All 3 track great as empties. Accurail trucks with IM wheelsets.

Rob Manley
"Better modeling through personal embarrassment"

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 03:36:33 PM CDT, Dave Parker via groups.io <spottab@...> wrote:

I'm reasonably confident that Ben meant tungsten (1.7x the density of lead) rather than titanium.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA