Re: [PRR] PRR X31A facts you want to know

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

Larry Smith wrote: " A big battle ensued with the other railroads having clearance a problems with the cars and PRR embargoing the other railroads from its lines if they wouldn't accept the cars in interchange,"

  I smell a rather large sized rat here. What evidence can you site for this please, Larry. Not to be argumentive, and I admit to being no fan of the Standard Scrapyard of the World, but this sounds like an attorney's field day as I cannot imagine any possibility of what you claim the Pennsy did being legal. Did the matter ever reach the courts and, if so, what were the results? Sounds more like the Pennsy just trying to throw its weight around.

Cordially, Don Valentine