Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 3:38 PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Boxed Automobiles On Flatcars

Photo: Boxed Automobiles On Flatcars

A circa early 1950s photo from the University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries:

https://search.library.wisc.edu/digital/A7KI7ODJT7DHJ68R

This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

Description: "Boxcars loaded with Nash or AMC cars to be shipped by railroad, ending up in Australia and New Zealand. Each boxcar is stamped with its destination. In 1954, Nash-Kelvinator Corporation joined with Hudson Motor Car Company to create the American Motors Corporation."

Of course, these are flatcars.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA