Re: PRR X31A facts you want to know

Tim O'Connor

Method #5 - plastic self adhesive tape from an electronic label maker - easier to apply than
the bare metal foil and can be stretched a little if necessary. Easily cut into shapes (gusset plates etc)

On 6/18/2020 7:57 PM, Bruce Smith wrote:
Mel,

There are at least 4 approaches that I know of:

1) Clear (thick) decal film
2) archer weld line decals (Bill W's favorite way right now)
3) etched metal appliques (I've done this. It's not easy  but has a nice effect)
4) Bare metal foil (or equivalent) - like decal film, this is super easy and the rivets below show through, make it look appropriately riveted!

Regards,
Bruce Smith

Sterling, Massachusetts